Sunday, September 27, 2009

Reunion at Wartburg

Oh, how the campus has changed! Saturday two college friends and I reconnected and reminisced about old times and caught up on each of our lives. We had so much to share.


This is where it all began. I lived in the central dorm (Centennial) and my senior year I lived in Vollmer. During the summer months I lived in Hebron. Velda and I were roommates my senior year.


Oh, the fountain!! How many times was it filled with kids being pushed in - or kids falling in - or filled with suds!!



While it does not seem as though we have changed, I have to admit I did not recognize Velda when she purposely stepped in front of me at a Lori Line concert. Dorothy did not know me on Saturday (she did not know I was coming). It has been forty years, and I did catch her off guard.


Before parting we decided to go to the "Den" for something to drink.. You Wartburg graduates - can you believe they had not heard of Brownie Goops!! We have already made plans to get together in a couple months.





No comments:

Post a Comment